(1) COLLECTION OF YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
We collect personal information, which is information that identifies, relates to, describes, is capable of being associated with, or could reasonably be linked, directly or indirectly, with you. As you use the Website, we collect information from you directly and automatically.
(A) Information You Provide To Us
We collect personal information from you when you engage with certain features of our Website. Specifically, we collect personal information from you when you:
- Apply for employment. When you apply for employment with Quadratec, we will collect your personal identifiers (name, email address, physical address, and telephone number), and your professional or employment information (resume, cover letter, employment history, and educational history). We use this personal information to manage and consider your application with Quadratec and as necessary to comply with the law. The legal basis for this processing is that the processing is necessary to perform a contract or to take steps at your request, before entering a contract. Quadratec also processes this personal information as part of its legitimate interest in the facilitation and optimization of the recruitment process.
- Create an account. If you create a Quadratec account, we will collect your personal identifiers (name and email address) and commercial information (information on purchases such as the year, make, and model of your vehicle). Once your account is created, we will also store your password. We use this personal information to create and manage your account. The legal basis for this is performance of our contract with you.
- Contact us. When you send us a question or inquiry, or ask for other support, you will need to provide us with your personal identifiers (name and email address) and any other information you choose to provide in your correspondence. We use this personal information to respond to your questions or inquiries, troubleshoot where necessary, and address any issues you have with the Website, Quadratec services, or your order. The legal basis for this is performance of our contract with you.
- Request assistance with your order. To check the status of your order or to return an item, we will collect your personal identifiers (name, email address, and physical address). We may also ask you for your commercial information (information relating to your purchases such as the year, make, and model of your vehicle). We use this personal information to check the status of your order or to facilitate your return. The legal basis for this is performance of our contract with you.
- Submit a grant or scholarship request. Quadratec awards environmental grants and scholarships to individuals through its Quadratec Cares Restoration for Recreation Program. If you apply, we will collect your personal identifiers (name and email address) and any additional information you choose to provide in your submission, such as who you are, what drives and inspires you, what you are looking to accomplish, and how you plan to use the grant or scholarship. We use this personal information to assess submissions and award individuals with the grant or scholarship. The legal basis for this is performance of our contract with you.
- Subscribe to Quadratec weekly emails. When you subscribe to the Quadratec weekly emails, we will collect your personal identifiers (name and email address) and commercial information (vehicle year). We use this personal information to send you the email as requested, as well as exclusive sales, Jeep news, events, giveaways, and promotions. The legal basis for the email communication with you is your consent. We may also use your commercial information identified here to provide more personalized and tailored marketing communications in order to enhance user experience. For this purpose, we use automated analysis techniques, including profiling. We process this personal information as part of our legitimate interest in the marketing of our Website. You can revoke your consent at any time by clicking on the unsubscribe button at the bottom of each email or use this form to submit a request.
Quadratec may also use the personal information we collect as described in this section to improve our products and services, to comply with the law, to efficiently maintain our business, and for other limited circumstances as described in HOW WE SHARE YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION. This is part of our legitimate interest in the performance of our contractual obligations, protection of legal rights, and compliance with legal obligations. Quadratec may also anonymize or aggregate the personal information for benchmarking purposes.
(B) Information Collected Automatically.
Cookies and Tracking Technologies: Please see our Cookies Notice.
(2) RECIPIENTS OF YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
Quadratec may need to make the personal information identified in this Privacy Notice available within Quadratec, with service providers, or with other third parties. These instances include:
With Service Providers. We may share your personal information with our service providers that assist us in providing the Website. The legal basis is our legitimate interest in providing the Website efficiently. These service providers include our IT support, payment processor, communication vendor, shipping providers, marketing providers.
For Warranty Service and Drop Shipping. We may need to disclose your personal information to a manufacturer if your purchase requires drop shipping or if you request warranty service.
With Third Parties. We may need to disclose your personal information to third parties, such as legal advisors, law enforcement agencies, or governmental/regulatory bodies in order to protect our legal interests and other rights, protect against fraud or other illegal activities, prevent harm, for risk management purposes, and to comply with our legal obligations. The legal basis for this is compliance with the law, compliance with legal obligations, and our legitimate interest in the protection of the rights of others.
In the Event of a Corporate Reorganization . In the event that we enter into, or intend to enter into, a transaction that alters the structure of our business, such as a reorganization, merger, acquisition, sale, joint venture, assignment, consolidation, transfer, change of control, or other disposition of all or any portion of our business, assets or stock, we would share personal information with third parties, including the buyer or target (and their agents and advisors) for the purpose of facilitating and completing the transaction. We would also share personal information with third parties if we undergo bankruptcy or liquidation, in the course of such proceedings.
With Your Consent. Apart from the reasons identified above, we may request your permission to share your personal information for a specific purpose. We will notify you and request consent before you provide the Personal information or before the personal information you have already provided is shared for such purpose. You may revoke your consent at any time.
Sharing in the Last Twelve (12) Months
For a Business Purpose. In the preceding twelve (12) months, Quadratec has disclosed the following categories of personal information for a business purpose to the following categories of third parties:
- We have disclosed your personal identifiers, internet and other network activity information, and customer records information to service providers that perform services on our behalf. These service providers include our payment processor, communication vendor, marketing providers, and shipping providers
- We have disclosed your internet or other electronic network information to our IT support to detect security incidents, protect against malicious, deceptive, fraudulent, or illegal activity, and to identify and repair Website errors that impair functionality.
- We have disclosed your internet or other electronic network information to our IT support to maintain, improve, and upgrade the Website.
(3) YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION CHOICES
Correct or View Your Information. You may access your Quadratec account to correct or view certain personal information you have provided to us and which is associated with your account.
Online Advertising. To opt-out of interest based advertising generally or to learn more about the use of this information by our service providers you can visit the Network Advertising Initiative or the Digital Advertising Alliance. For European users, please visit the European Interactive Digital Advertising Alliance here.
Bing Ads. To opt-out of Bind Ads, you can follow the instructions here.
Facebook Pixel. You can opt-out of displaying Facebook ads by visiting your Facebook Ad Settings , and you can clear and control the information third parties share with Facebook in your Off-Facebook Activity page.
Google Ads. To opt out of targeted advertising by Google, you can go to Google’s ad settings.
Google Analytics. To prevent your data from being used by Google Analytics, you can download the Google Analytics opt-out browser add-on for Google Analytics which can be found here.
Criteo . You can disable Critero here.
Cookies. All session cookies are temporary and expire after you close your web browser. Persistent cookies can be removed by following your web browser’s directions. To find out how to see what cookies have been set on your computer or device, and how to reject and delete the cookies, please visit: https://www.aboutcookies.org/. Please note that each web browser is different. For information on reviewing or deleting cookies from specific browsers, click on the appropriate browser: Firefox, Firefox IOS, Firefox Android, Safari, Safari Mobile, Chrome, Internet Explorer, Microsoft Edge, Opera. To find information relating to other browsers, visit the browser developer’s Website. If you reset your web browser to refuse all cookies or to indicate when a cookie is being sent, some features of our Website may not function properly. If you choose to opt out, we will place an "opt-out cookie" on your computer. The "opt-out cookie" is browser specific and device specific and only lasts until cookies are cleared from your browser or device. The opt-out cookie will not work for essential cookies. If the cookie is removed or deleted, if you upgrade your browser or if you visit us from a different computer, you will need to return and update your preferences.
Marketing Emails. You may opt-out of receiving marketing emails from us by clicking the "unsubscribe" link provided with each email. Please note that we will continue to send you notifications necessary to the Website, your account, or requested products or services.
(4) GENERAL DATA PROTECTION REGULATION (GDPR)
If our processing of your personal information is subject to the GDPR, you have the following rights with respect to your personal information:
- Right to Access. You have the right to ask Quadratec for copies of your personal information. This right has some exceptions, which means you may not always receive all personal information we process.
- Right to Rectification. You have the right to ask Quadratec to rectify personal information you think is inaccurate. You also have the right to ask us to complete information you think is incomplete.
- Right to Erasure. You have the right to ask Quadratec to erase your personal information in certain circumstances.
- Right to Restrict Processing. You have the right to ask Quadratec to restrict the processing of your personal information in certain circumstances. See YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION CHOICES for additional ways you can restrict processing of your personal information.
- Right to Object to Processing. You have the right to object at any time, for reasons arising from your particular situation, to processing of your personal information, which is carried out on the basis of our legitimate interests. See YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION CHOICES for additional ways you can object to processing of your personal information.
- Right to Data Portability. You have the right to ask that we transfer the personal information you gave us from one organization to another, or give it to you in a structured, ordinarily used, and readable format.
- Right to Lodge a Complaint. You have the right to lodge a complaint with a supervisory authority.
To exercise your rights, please use this form to submit a request or contact us via other means. We must be able to identify your personal information in order to take any of the actions set forth above.
(5) CALIFORNIA RESIDENTS
To the extent the California Consumer Privacy Act (CCPA) applies to the processing of your personal information you would be entitled to the following rights:
- Right to Access. You have the right to request what personal information Quadratec has collected, used, disclosed, and sold about you within the preceding twelve (12) months. You may make a request for access twice within a twelve (12) month period.
- Right to Deletion. You have the right to request the deletion of your personal information that Quadratec collects or maintains, subject to certain exceptions.
- Right to Opt-Out. You have the right to opt-out of the sale of your personal information to third parties. Quadratec does not have actual knowledge that it sells personal information of minors under the age of sixteen (16) years.
- Right to Non-Discrimination. You have the right to not receive discriminatory treatment if and when you exercise your rights to access, delete, or opt-out under the CCPA.
To exercise your right to access or delete your personal information, you may submit a verifiable consumer request. Please use this form to submit a request or contact us via other means. To opt-out of the sale of your personal information, you can visit our cookie management platform or follow the instructions in YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION CHOICES.
For submitted requests, you must provide us with sufficient information that allows us to reasonably verify you are the person about whom we collected the personal information and describe your request with sufficient detail to allow us to properly evaluate and respond to it. If we are not able to verify your identity for access and deletion requests with the information provided, we may ask you for additional pieces of information. The interactive webform contains the information that we need to verify your identity and review your request.
Only you, or a person registered with the California Secretary of State that you authorize to act on your behalf, may make a request related to your personal information. If you are an authorized agent making a request on behalf of another individual, you must provide us with signed documentation that you are authorized to act on behalf of that individual.
(6) DATA RETENTION
We will retain your personal information until the earlier of (i) the information is no longer necessary to accomplish the purpose for which it was provided; or (ii) we delete your information pursuant to your request. We retain your personal information for longer periods for specific purposes to the extent that we are obliged to do so in accordance with applicable laws and regulations and/or as necessary to protect our legal rights or for certain business requirements. Below are some more specific reasons we would retain some data for longer periods of time:
- Security, Fraud & Abuse Prevention. For example, to protect you, other people, and us from fraud, abuse, and unauthorized access.
- Financial Record-Keeping. When you make a payment to us we are often required to retain this information for a longer period of time for purposes of accounting, dispute resolution, and compliance with tax, anti-money laundering, and other financial regulations
- Comply With Legal or Regulatory Requirements. To meet any applicable law, regulation, legal process or enforceable governmental request, as required to enforce our terms of service, including investigation of potential violations
- Direct Communications With Us . If you have directly communicated with us, we may retain reasonable records of those communications.
Even if you delete your account or personal information, please keep in mind that the deletion by our third-party providers may not be immediate and that the deleted information may persist in backup copies for a reasonable period of time.
(7) NEVADA RESIDENTS
If you are a consumer in the State of Nevada, you may request to opt-out of the current or future sale of certain of your personal information. We do not currently sell any of your personal information under Nevada law, nor do we plan to do so in the future. If you have any questions regarding our data privacy practices or would like to opt-out of the future sale of your personal information, please use this form to submit a request or contact us via other means.
(8) DO NOT TRACK
We do not respond to Do Not Track (DNT) requests. Do Not Track is a preference you can set in your web browser to inform a website that you do not want to be tracked. You can enable or disable Do Not Track by visiting the Preferences or Settings page of your web browser.
(9) INFORMATION SECURITY
We implement and maintain reasonable security measures, such as encryption, to protect the personal information we collect and maintain from unauthorized access, destruction, use, modification, or disclosure. However, no security measure or modality of data transmission is 100% secure and we are unable to guarantee the absolute security of the personal information we have collected from you.
The Website and the services offered thereon are not intended for individuals under the age of eighteen (18) years. If we learn that we have collected or received personal information from individuals under the age of eighteen (18), we will delete the personal information. If you believe we have personal information on individuals under the age of eighteen (18), please contact us at the contact information provided below.
For questions, please contact Quadratec at:Quadratec, Inc.
1028 Saunders Lane
West Chester, PA 19308
Last updated on January 13, 2021